As part of World Kindness Day on November 13th, we should all work together to help brighten each other’s day. It’s amazing how a few simple acts of kindness can go a long way.
Wondering what you can do? That’s easy. Here are some simple acts of kindness that you can do to spread the love!
1. Bake some cookies for those at rest homes.
2. Give a compliment to a stranger.
3. Volunteer at a homeless shelter.
4. Write positive letters to a soldier.
5. Take part in a fundraiser for a school or local organization.
6. Hold doors open for people.
7. Walk the neighbor’s dog or look after their pets if they will be away.
8. Donate any of your old clothes to those in need.
9. Do someone a favor without even being asked.
10. Mow a neighbor’s lawn.
11. Make a meal for a family in need.
12. Leave your waiter a good tip.
13. Spend some quality time with your grandparents.
14. Wash a neighbor’s car for free.
15. Catch up with old friends.
16. Donate your hair to Locks of Love.
17. Volunteer at an animal shelter.
18. Make some hot chocolate to give away on a cold day.
19. Say “Thank you”.
20. Offer to drive someone around so they can run errands, especially if they don’t have a vehicle.
21. Take time to speak to senior citizens in a rest home.
22. Give a friend a hug.
23. Have flowers delivered (anonymously) to patients in a hospital.
24. Make a thoughtful card for someone special.
25. Anonymously pay someone else’s bill at a restaurant.
26. Donate canned goods to homeless shelters and food banks.
27. Pass along positive notes to people.
28. Volunteer for a community event.
29. Volunteer to pick up litter.
30. Donate books that you no longer read or need.
31. Say a prayer for family and friends.
32. Bring treats to work for your coworkers.
33. Volunteer to be the designated driver.
34. Be polite and patient while driving on the road.
35. Become an organ donor.
36. Ask someone if you can help them.
37. Donate blood.
38. Donate plasma.
39. Host a charity day at your job.
40. Donate unopened baby formula, diapers, and wipes.
41. Donate your hair to cancer patients. It can be used to make a wig.
42. Give a random gift to a friend.
43. Provide home-cooked meals to children in need.
44. Mentor a child.
45. Say “Good morning”.
46. Write a thank you note to someone special.
47. Share fresh fruits and vegetables with your neighbors.
48. Give encouragement to a stranger.
49. Buy lunch for a friend.
50. Be thankful for everything you have!
Share this list and spread the love for World Kindness Day on November 13th! While you’re at it, make sure you take time to smile the whole day. It’s one simple act that makes a huge difference in your life and others!